Saskatoon Livestock Sales Presort Sheep and Lamb Sale
2023 SASKATOON LIVESTOCK SALES ANNUAL PRE-SORT SHEEP AND LAMB SALE – HOSTED BY SASK. SHEEP DEVELOPMENT BOARD
Saturday, September 23, 2023 at 1:00 pm — Saskatoon Livestock Sales
(10 km West of Saskatoon on Hwy. #14)
All stock must be in by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, September 22nd and must be pre booked by calling the Saskatchewan Sheep Development Board office 306-933-5200
*No breeding stock will be accepted and sold at this sale. Producers are encouraged to use the Saskatchewan Sheep Development Board Classifieds Page on the website www.sksheep.com.
- All lambs and cull sheep must have the Canadian Sheep Identification Tags (CSIP) to sell at the sale. These tags can be ordered/obtained from the SSDB office 306-933-5200.
- Cull sheep and market lambs should be put on the same manifest. Manifest books are available at the SSDB office.
- Feeder, slaughter lambs, Katahdin and Dorper and intact lambs will be sold in pre-sorted groups.
- Cull ewes will be sold in pre-sort groups by weight.
- Cull rams will be sold in one group.
- Off-sort animals will be penned and sold separately.
- Intact lambs must be marked with a line across the hips.
- Belly nut animals are considered intact.
- Cull Sheep must be marked with an X on back.
- Animals are pre-sorted and checked by the sale committee. All decisions by the sale committee are final.
- Animals may be penned on the Thursday night if necessary, however producers must call Saskatoon Livestock Sales to make arrangements for Thursday evening delivery. There will be a hay charge for those using this service.
*SSDB RESERVES THE RIGHT TO IMPOSE A CHARGE FOR EXCESSIVE SORTING IF ANIMALS ARE NOT MARKED AS INDICATED ABOVE. When animals are not marked as indicated above all animals must be check individually creating extra work for the sorting crew and delays the entire pre-sort process.
*Due to facility constraints, we are unable to accept goats.
*CFIA is expected to be in attendance.
*(SLS staff takes an hour lunch break & are unavailable to operate the scale, so no sorting is done over the noon hour).
Sheep must be booked by Thursday, September 21. Call the SSDB 306-933-5200 * Book early to avoid being turned away if the sale is full.